Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Raining Mien at Rain Nudle House, Pavilion KL

Hmm..choices, choices, choices. Sometimes, having more choices isn't necessarily a good thing. It tends to lead to bad decision. Choosing what to eat for lunch is an everyday battle for me (I know, I'm too privileged). But only it's because I have a very discerning palette (although some people say I'm very choosy). Once again, my fellow food blogger Ash and I made the choice to visit to the Rain Nudle House at the Pavillion mall to see what they are offering for lunch....




I'm not sure why they used the word '"Nudle"....is there a special meaning behind it? Or are they just wanting to sound cool? We will never know, nor care...


There are four set lunches that we can choose from.  Ash chose Set 2 of the lunch deal, while I chose set 1, each priced at RM 17.90.





Mine is the Beef Nudle Soup that is served in a big bowl that reminds me of a potty training pot used for babies. I have to say that I am disappointed by it. The soup taste OK, but the noodle and the beef balls are a complete let down. IT tasted like something I can cook at home, and I am a pretty bad cook. And why do they have to put in so much taugehs? Those things are tasteless!!! So, you got a bowl of noodle that are no better than the taste of instant noodles you can make yourself...





Each set lunch also comes with a drink, in this case, we had iced lemon tea, as well as a side dish of either fish cakes or spring rolls. They are as generic as they come...bleurghhhh!!!!




In my humble opinion, Rain Nudle House has to really improve on their food quality as they are facing stiff competition from better eateries like Little Ben and Pepper Lunch. Personally, I won't return here unless they come out with 'better-than-average' fares. And they prices? Way too high, considering what they are offering!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the work nudle is used as a tactic to charge a steep price for a bland tasting meal

    ReplyDelete