Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Seeing Red at Pancake House, Pavillion KL

Sometime ago, me and my fellow food blogger-cum-colleague, Ash (I hope you don't mind me calling you this, I just think it's a cool-sounding moniker :)), had lunch at the Pancake House International, Pavilion KL. It's a chic-looking place with a RED HOT theme. According to Ash, restaurants tend to use red as their main interior color because it's supposed to inspire hunger. I don't know if this is true, but it sure worked that time.  It's a red overdose, really...




As for me, a good restaurant is not just about the food, but the ambience plays an important role as well. And that's why, most of the reviews I posted feature equal number of interior shots and food pictures. Of course, there are some instances where this rule don't apply, such as when you are having a meal at a mamak stall or other roadside stalls where dusts, smoke and all sort of pollutants form part of your meals.



I ordered the House Specials Set, at RM 15.00, which is a mixed plate of taco, fried chicken, spaghetti and toast. An odd combination, for sure, but nonetheless, very satisfying. The taco is the best dish here, as it taste really fresh. The spaghetti comes in second, while the chicken is a bit too oily to be enjoyed. Some people even claimed that the dirtiest foods are usually the tastiest too. Well, that may be the case, but personally,  I'm MORE THAN WILLING to sacrifice taste for cleaner eats.




Meanwhile, Ash ordered the Roast Beef Special set, also priced at RM 15.00. It comes with rice and generous amount of greens. Looks DEEELICIOUS to me....And judging by her face, it must be really good..






The lunch sets are hugely satisfying, though they are just a tad too pricey, if you ask me. Maybe that explains why we are the only two people in there, because you have to fork out a lot of RED ringgits for the bill (Bad jokes, I know...)



Me, doing my best food reviewer's pose.

Go RED!





No comments:

Post a Comment