Thursday, August 12, 2010

La Lot Vietnamese Cuisine - the virgin trip

La Lot Vietnamese Cuisine is located on the 6th level of the Pavilion Mall, tucked in a corner that is home to several other internationally-flavoured restaurants.  And since this is my first proper introduction to Vietnamese delicacies, I really had no expectations whatsoever when I sat down with my fellow blogger Ash for dinner one fine evening.






The restaurant looks clean and neat, with a particularly obvious Asian feel to it. I half expected the waitress to greet us in Vietnamese, but she didn't..which might be a good thing after all, considering the only Vietnamese sentence i knew is 'Chi ai map" - and that means "You're fat." (oh, the things you learned in university).




You can choose to dine inside the restaurant, where it's plushy comfy, or, like us, you can dine outside where you can look around the mall while you eat.

I ordered the Braised Chicken with Lemongrass, priced at RM 19.90.



The taste is alright. Personally, I feel the chicken was bit mild and I was left wanting. 

For drink, i went to their Durian Cendol, which comes at RM 9.90.





For Ash, she ordered the Spaghetti Bolognaise served with Prawns, priced at RM 26.90.



I don't know what spaghetti has to do with Vietnamese cooking, but hey, since they are offering it, maybe they cook it in a special way..Ash said the dish is lovely, and I will take her words for it.


She also ordered a drink called the three-colour delight, priced at RM 9.90.



It looks like cendol with creamy topping..and I'm sure it is an absolute delight!


OK, so my thought was, we need to come back here soon to sample some real and authentic Vietnamese cookings. Consider this just an introductory course, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment