Saturday, November 13, 2010

Satay Kajang at HUTONG food court, Lot 10

If you are a Malaysian, you must have come across such 'three-for-ten' deals at least one to two times when buying stuff at pasar pagi or shopping in malls. Where you can find three socks for ten ringgit, three shirts for ten, three cans of mushroom for ten...and the list goes on. In short, very few can resist such three-for-ten  bargain deals. I know I couldn't.
BUT, not all three-for-ten deals are that desirable..as I've learnt during a recent trip to the Hutong Lot 10, the so-called street food haven for KL folks.  Heck, they even created a Facebook page for HUTONGLOT10, if you're interested.
I noticed several new food stalls have opened (a few are under renovation), including one that claimed to serve Satay Kajang and Penang Rojak. And that's literally what the sign board says too - "SATAY KAJANG & PENANG ROJAK".




So, I guess the stall only serves two dishes. Being a great fan of Satay Kajang, I decided to satisfy my craving and curiosity by ordering the....what else...Satay Kajang set. Now mind you,  it will set you back for RM 10.40, after adding the government tax.

And for that price, this is what you get....


Three, count them, T-H-R-E-E satay sticks, along with the usual array of peanut sauce, onion, cucumber and rice cake. Granted, the satay meat is larger than what you would normally find at other places, but I'm just not sure if three sticks of these are worth the price I paid. 


They taste just OK, by the way. Nothing to shout about. Although, I did find them to be too oily for my liking..When I look at the menu, i saw that if you want to add more rice cake, cucumber or onion, you'll have to pay additional RM 1 for each. Well, the good news is..the sauce is free to add. And the onion is really fresh. So fresh indeed, that the aftertaste stayed with me for two days afterward.


So, there you have it. Three-for-ten satay set. Whether you think its worth the price or not, really depends on how much you like satay as well as personal preference. Give it a try if you just.

P/S: the Penang Rojak, which i didn't try, is priced at RM 5.90, in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment