Friday, March 5, 2010

Station Kopitiam Cafe @ Seremban Terminal 2

Dinner at Station Kopitiam Cafe, a new eatery in Seremban Terminal 2.....


One uneventful night, while hunting for a new place to have my dinner, I stumbled upon this new place called Station Kopitiam Cafe in Terminal 2. Hmmm... it's almost 8.10pm, and the place is rather empty. It should be packed with hungry diners by now. Perhaps, the Mariah Carey song that is blasting through the speakers are keeping people away? 
Anyway, I took a chance and walked in, only to be greeted by a rather plump but otherwise pleasant-looking Chinese girl who are manning the cashier. There's a gaggle of young male waiters at one end of the restaurant busy gossiping away, all giggling like excited schoolgirls, completely oblivious to the fact that a customer has just walked in.
'Halo, sir. One person?", the girl greeted me, with well-practised plastic smile. "Yes", i replied, suitably unenthused. The place is 90% vacant, save for two tables. After much deliberation, I decided on the table closest to the cashier counter. 
While I plop down to my seat, she expertly fling the big rectangular menu on the table. Hmm..ok, let's see what's on the menu, shall we.. Flip, flip, flip...hmm, typical Chinese and Western dishes like sweet and sour chicken, fish and chips, fried rice, tomyam, etc etc etc. Having slipped into my lazy, comfort zone, I decided to order something that sounds like an unholy fusion of East-West- the Kong Po Chicken Chop Rice (RM 10.90) Sounds interesting enough. Hope I won't be disappointed. To be safe, I also ordered a pot of Tom Yam Veggie Soup (RM  5.90)
For drinks, she eagerly recommended the "Yes Tea" (RM 4.60), which, judging by the one-whole-page pictorial description on the menu, is their house special. With a name like that, how could I not say yes?  Satisfied with my orders, she happily trotted away while I put on my 'scan face" and give the whole place a thorough work-over.
The place looks a bit too dark, with soft dimmed lights adorning the walls. Not that I mind. I love eating in the dark (among other things *wink*wink). It helps mask oily faces, drippy noses and bulging stomachs. Just a few tables from me, a young Chinese couple are stuffing their faces with God-knows-what...Well, at least the chick looks pretty. <Weeee-wit leng lui. Sik fan ah?> Meanwhile,  tucked in the corner to my left, a small family of three are busy cleaning their plates too. Hmm..quiet night indeed. The only thing I could hear is that darn Mariah Carey song still blasting through the air. Talk about appetite-spoiler!
Bored with the non-crowd, I whipped out my PSP and play the new combat game I just downloaded. Minutes latter, my main dish arrives...


Yeah, It doesn't look very appealing...I was ready to be disappointed. And boy, was I ever.  The chicken are well-fried and crispy, with sour-tasting sauce all over. However, I don't see the "Kong Po' part le.

Not long after that, my tomyam soup came....



The soup is a bit too thick for my liking, and it's not spicy at all. It tasted sour! This is more like a badly-prepared ABC soup. It totally lacked the 'spicy twang' that real tomyam soup should have. TOTAL FAIL!!! Admit it, Chinese people just suck at making curry and spicy dishes in general. Oh, wait a minute, there are mushrooms in my tomyam soup! I hate mushroom!! BTW, Is it really appropriate to put mushrooms in tomyam soup??? I don't think so.

Oh, in case you're wondering - I should have said NO to the Yes Tea beverage she suggested. It's like a watered down ice lemon tea with a very annoying stale tea after-taste. FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!

Hmmm..am i being too critical? Am I too harsh? Am I just being a total biatchh about this? Heck, no!


For serving bad foods, this place got my very own 'mug of disapproval'.

3 comments:

  1. The tom yam soup does look dull.
    Hey, i thought you're a Mariah Carey fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mariah, make no mistake, just not when I'm having my meals. Mariah and digestion just don't go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. then Cal, I think you should name your blog Good and Bad Eatings? haha XP

    ReplyDelete