Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dinner at SUMMER GARDEN RESTAURANT & CAFE, Era Square Seremban

Era Square is one of the newer hot spots that Seremban town has to offer. The main area, called Era Walk, is littered with a host of pubs, bars and restaurants that caters to both Asian and Western palettes. One of the outlets, called SUMMER GARDEN, is a restaurant that serves mainly Chinese dishes with a dash of local influence. On a particular evening, I decided to invite one of my long-time friends, Eddie, to have dinner with me at this place. Located at 30, Ground Floor, Jalan Era Baru 3, Era Walk, the restaurant has a nice ambience that is obvious even from the outside.




We both ordered the Coconut as our drinks, as the tropical fruit is an excellent thirst-quencher. Price is at RM 4.80 each.


For the main meal, Eddie ordered the Fried Kueytiow with egg (RM 6.50), which comes in big portion, but a bit plain for my liking...



As for myself, I ordered the Assam Fish with Rice, which never came. Their excuse? The waitperson told me this - "Sorry ya mister, we're really busy la this evening." I see. So what he's basically saying is they're too busy serving other people, everyone but me?

We ordered two other dishes, the Thai styled Tauhu (RM 6.00) and Kangkung Masak Belacan (RM 9.00), a personal favourite of mine.



One other thing that I would like to bring up here is, they served all of our foods lukewarm. It kinda spoils the taste and the enjoyment of the foods...

Bad and slow service aside, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. That's because I would like to come back in the near future just to see if there's any improvement. I hope they do improve, or else, they shall feel the full wrath of my proverbial poison pen. And when that happens, it will no longer be summer in their garden. it will be a cold, cold winter of discontent!


3 comments:

  1. Food looks delicious & place looks nice. We should go there sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure...whenever you feel like coming down to Seremban

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when that happens, it will no longer be summer in their garden. it will be a cold, cold winter of discontent! --> what is this? another chapter in a novel where you are a wizard?

    ReplyDelete