Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Enjoying CNY breakfast at Old Town Kopitiam (ERA Square, Seremban)

I think most, if not all of us, have been to Old Town Kopitiam, a chain of Asian fast food outlets that serves  foods and beverages of the 'good ol' days'. It's a place where most of our parents can sit and reminisce about how in their good ol' days, they have time-tested goodies like white coffee, toasts, boiled eggs served with kicap, porridge and whatnots, in bustling good ol' coffee shops frequented by mothers who just came back from the wet markets, and old men who are chess aficionados  and keep birds in wooden cages.  Ahhh..the good ol' days indeed...too bad I wasn't born yet.
This Chinese New Year (the year of the Roraring Tiger 2010), my sis and I decided to have our breakfast at Old Town Kopitiam, just for old time's sake.



Sipping coffee from old-fashioned cups like these really do make one feels like travelling back in time. I could almost taste the air of 1950s....





For starter, I ordered the white coffee and toast with peanut butter...Ahh..the perfect breakfast, IMHO.



For more filling breakfast, we both ordered their Nasi Lemak Special.




Call me old-fashioned, but I still like my nasi lemak served on banana leaf. The fragrance of the leaf usually adds to the experience of enjoying my nasi lemak. Sigh, how I yearn for the good ol' days when banana leafs are aplenty...


No comments:

Post a Comment