Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Old favourites at OLD ASIA








Located on the first floor of MENARA THE WELD in KL is a little spot called OLD ASIA that serves Asian fusion foods that are both tasty and pocket-friendly. It's a place where I visit quite frequently, whether on my own or with friends. 

This time around, I ordered one of the specials, Sliced Beef cooked with black beans, served with rice (RM 12.90). The meal also comes with a free drink, Iced Lemon Tea. It tastes a bit too 'home-cooked' to me (read: bland). It's not too bad though, if you have a softer palette. I think, as a dinner set, it is just nice.




My friend, Ash, went for the Seafood Platter (RM 15.90), a sumptuous plate of oceanic delights (err...does that sound right?)




I think the picture speaks for itself.....





For further indulgence, my friend also ordered the Mixed Cendol (RM 3.90), another mouth-watering delight (oK, Ok, this is the last time I'll ever use that word).

OLD ASIA is a nice, quiet and comfy place to have dinner with a small group of friends. They also have a balcony for those who smoke or just want to dine while watching the mesmerizing KL traffic. I definitely recommend this place to everyone. What we sampled today is but just a small portion of what they have to offer. I will post more reviews of their menu offerings later on. So, stay tuned, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment