Thursday, April 15, 2010

Going Loco over Choco

Ahh..chocolate....worthy food of the gods, sinful indulgence for mortals like you and me.  Did you know that, contrary to popular belief, chocolate is actually good for your health? Recent studies have shown that consumption of dark chocolate can help lower your blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke? Also, eating chocolate causes your brain to release endorphins, the same hormone that produces the state of euphoria that one gets from exercising. What else...Oh yes, chocolate is also an aphrodisiac, perfect for rowdy couples who want that little extra "ommph" between the sheets.
As if we all need reasons to consume chocolate la...However, do keep in mind that moderation is still the key in chocolate consumption. Eat too much of it, and expect to see your waist expand to horrific proportions...

Alright, enough public service announcement. Let's pay a visit to the delightful Chocolate Lounge at Pavilion KL. I highly recommend that you visit their website at www.chocolatelounge.com.my so that you can look at their menu and salivate. The site describes the place as a theobrama chocolate lounge, which, according to Wikipedia,  "Theobroma is a genus of about 20 species in the family Sterculiaceae or sometimes classified as Malvaceae."......whatever.....

Anyway, what I find most amusing about the website is the funny "bloop bloop" sound effects that it make everytime you position your mouse pointer over the main menu options. Haha...Fascinating!!! Endless fun!!! I can make music with that sounds...




The place is hip..So hip it hurts! They painted the whole damn place in chocolatey brown so you will be induced to order more and eat more. And it worked! At one point, I was tempted to chow down on my chair cos it look so damn yummy. For people who are huge fans of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, this place must be like their dreams come true.


My fellow blogger, Ash, was generous enough to give me a treat at this place one day. And of course, apa lagi,  I jumped at the offer la...Rezeki jangan ditolak, beb!

The place serves a wide variety of chocolate dishes. You name it, chocolate desserts, chocolate drinks, chocolate cakes, chocolate dips...and so on and so forth.

We ordered their Chocolate Affair, which is fondue served with four types of fruits. 





If these pictures do not make your drool, you are either very good at self-control, or plain abnormal!


My tongue was dancing with each mouthful....Melt in your mouth, and in your hands...

For drinks, Ash had a pot of peppermint tea, while I chose the mocha frappe...Deee-licous!!!










This is definitely one of those places that I would like to visit again and again, simply because everything on the menu looks so delicious, that I just have to try them all out. Highly recommended! If you like chocolate (and who doesn't), this is a no-brainer!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't brought me to this place. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can go there when you are back from sweden la

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went there longggg time ago, for once...

    ReplyDelete