Friday, April 2, 2010

Mini-bite : Oyster Omelette from THYE HONG

There's this one outlet in Pavillion's food republic that is called Thye Hong that serves signature dishes from Singapore that have been well-published and recommended by some press. Their menu is comprised of dishes like Singapore Prawn Noodles, Oyster Omelette, Fried Carrot Cake and Hokkien Mee. Ash and I decided to give their Oyster Omelette a try, being the adventurous souls that we are!





Well, what can I say about the dish? It's...errr..interesting. It takes some getting used to...The first few bites are definitely weird for me, as the texture is all soft and mushy, like eating raw tender flesh covered with fried egg. But, in retrospect, I believed that this is one dish that I can grow to like. Over time. With repeat consumption. Hopefully. No. Really.
 However, I do feel that the sauce that came with it can be further improved. Spicier would be better. Would I recommend it? Of course.

1 comment:

  1. good for you. i only consumed like a quarter of it. :D *guilty grin

    ReplyDelete