Monday, October 18, 2010

Bubble Bobble!


I''m sure a lot of you folks out there are fans of bubble tea, or sued to be fans of the novelty drink. It was such a craze and so popular back in the early 1990s that you cna find bubble tea stands in almost every nooks and corners. So popular, in fact, that one of my colleagues actually quit his job to become a full-time bubble tea vendor. Needless to say, his venture failed, as the popularity waned and people got bored of it. 
Well, guess what. I think the ubiquitous bubble tea is making a comeback! And I for one couldn't be happier. Still, you wouldn't be able to find many bubble tea stands nowadays, and the very few that I've tried didn't really live up to expectations.
But one particular bubble tea chain, called De Taste Bubble Tea, is about to change all that. I came across one of their outlets in Wisma Cosway (1st Floor, Lot 1.76) by accident, and out of curiosity, and a little bit of hope and anticipation, I decided to give it a try. 
And try I did. many, many times...My oh my...their bubble teas are marvellous! Let me tell you, i prided myself to be a bubble tea enthusiast, and I know the secret to a good cup of bubble tea lies in the texture of the tapioca pearls and the strong flavour of the tea. This outlet offers a wide range of bubble tea flavours, including my favourite, capucchino (RM 4.00). There are many other fruity flavours to choose from, you could order a different flavour for each day for an entire month! The original red milk tea is just priced at RM 2.50! Cheap and tasty! Now, that's a combination you can't say no to!





Now, apart from bubble tea, the outlet also sells sandwiches, from toasted egg, cheese to tuna, with prices ranging from RM 2.50 to RM 5.00. And that's not all, they also have Taiwan Mee Sua (Rm 6.00), which comes in four versions, namely filament stick, chicken floss, oyster and sotong balls. Last but not least, they also have Somen, another type of noddle dish, priced at RM 6.90.
So, do give them a try the next time you're in the area. I heard they also have an outlet in One Utama...

No comments:

Post a Comment