Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lunch at Little Ben Cafe @ Pavilion, KL



My food-loving colleague and I recently paid the Little Ben Cafe in The Pavillion mall in KL a visit, to see what's on the menu. The place is cosy, though i feel a little bit claustrophobic because the way they arrange the seatings is in such a way that they really maximised all the space they've got. I really have to squeezed myself into the seat, and I'm not even that fat! However, I must say that i really like the ambience of the place..You can see lots of light bulbs hanging from the ceiling...the walls are covered in bright red wallpapers that seem cheerful...and they also ahve an open kitchen concept so you can see all the chefs hard at work (or hard at gossiping if they're a bit free). I don't know if it's just me, but being in a restaurant where you can see the chefs in action kind of reassures me that the quality of foods should be better than average....













This is what i had...beef brisket with kuey tiow in soup. The taste is OK, not rich enough, so  there's still room for improvement. Also, they're a bit stingy on the meatballs..come on, only two?




The drink i had....the lemongrass juice..is absolutely delish! Aromatic and soothing...Very good for the tastebuds... and the stomach.






And this is the braised chicken rice that my colleague had...





We also ordered the so-called handsome duck spring rolls. I don't know what's so good-looking about it, but i don't like it. The taste is a bit weird...It's like eating very stale meat, there's just no kick to it. And the sauce that came with it didn't help much either. I guess they should've used chicken meat...




Overall, I would say the place looks nice, but the food, so-so lah...

No comments:

Post a Comment